Sunday, September 9, 2007

AUGUST 3 2007

I left my home in Valley City ND and headed for the bus station. When I got there I was informed that they no longer sell bus tickets. I called the Trailways 800 number and they told me how much a senior ticket was and that I could pay the driver in cash. When the bus arrived I was in the restroom. They are almost never on time. One of the Tesoro workers went out with me to stop the bus from leaving. I paid the driver and got on board for the trip to Fargo.

I had very wisely bought my ticket to Winnipeg in advance. It only cost me $30 to go from Fargo to Winnipeg. At the Fargo bus station we all had to sign a sheet that was to be faxed to the Immigration people in Emerson MB right on the border.

At the border some young uniformed Immigration people boarded the bus. They asked us for our passports. The Canadian citizens got to stay in the bus; everyone else had to go in to be interrogated. The Canadians can refuse entry to people that have a DWI and we had some on our bus. Everyone, even the DWI people, passed and we were all allowed to go into beautiful and friendly Canada.

I spent the night at the Thriftlodge and I will tell you tomorrow what happened at checkout.

No comments: